Women’s Encouragement Day: January 23, 2021
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
City Center Church: 17500 W 87th St, Lenexa, KS 66219
Join us for a restful day in the middle of the school year set aside just for you! Our morning starts with coffee or tea while enjoying a light breakfast over good conversation with other mama’s who homeschool. We will gather together to hear speakers, enjoy worship sprinkled throughout the day, and sit down to enjoy a delicious lunch – without any cleanup!!! You don’t want to miss this day to be encouraged as local moms share what it looks like for them to say “it is well” as they dwell in the Lord through different seasons of life while homeschooling. We can’t wait to see you! This year we will offer an online option for those that won’t be joining us in person.
To join us, please scroll down the page to the registration form.
Who is our speaker?
Sara Hagerty is a lover of God, married to her best friend, and homeschool mama to seven – four adopted from Africa and then more through miracle pregnancies. She lived a decade-plus of married life with a barren womb and grew their family through international adoption. Then, God surprised them three times over with little people that grew inside of her while her hair grew gray.
Sara is learning to find Him in the unseen … in life’s middle minutes. She signed up for “radical” when she became a Christian and assumed all sorts of things about the look and feel of “radical” that are quite far from daily life. The zeal behind that desire hasn’t changed; she now realizes, though, how radical it is to love God at 2:32 on a Monday afternoon when life’s demands are unrelenting.
Sara writes in the extra margins of her life, so as to put language to how He intervenes in her story … and to invite you to see new ways He might be intervening in yours. In her books; Adore, Unseen and Every Bitter Thing Is Sweet – Sara’s words offer God’s hope to readers facing unexpected life circumstances.
What does an Encouragement Day look like?
It’s exactly what the name implies – a quiet, relaxing day during the middle of the year when the days seem long and we find we need encouragement to help us keep going! We welcome all homeschool moms in all seasons as well as those moms considering homeschooling.
The day starts with a light breakfast that you didn’t have to make. Enjoy refreshments, hot drinks, and chocolates throughout the day surrounded by beautiful decorations for all you special moms. This is your day, and we want you to enjoy it to the full!
We will glean wisdom from God’s word through speaker sessions, music that will lift our spirits and enjoy a delicious lunch while fellowshipping with other homeschool moms.
Our hope is that you leave refreshed and reinvigorated for the rest of the school year!
A few helpful reminders
- The facility temperature varies throughout the day, so wearing layers is recommended.
- We love children, but this is a day for moms. (Nursing babies are welcome.) Please make arrangements for your children; no childcare is provided.
- If a mask mandate is in effect in January know you are welcome with a mask or without a mask. We are aware there are exemptions to this mandate and we honor and respect your privacy on this issue in regards to HIPPA.
- We ask that each family’s needs be respected on both sides of this issue and grace extended to all. Please register and join us online if you are unable to join us in person this year.
Overheard from past Encouragement Days:
- “This is my 6th year attending and I am SO glad I didn’t miss today!”
- “I didn’t know what I was missing all these years. So grateful for the loving preparation.”
- “Keep focusing on showing how much you value moms!”
- “This event truly gets better every year!! Thank you all!”
- “First time I have attended and I loved all of it.”
MPE helps subsidize the cost of this event because we want as many people as possible to attend. Please consider donating.
This is a non-refundable event.
Family/Business/Trailblazer Members To access the discounted rates, go to the green menu bar at the top of our website and click “Login.” Once you’ve logged in, go to “My Menu” and select “discounted event registration” to sign up.
This is a non-refundable event.
2. Online Streaming Form–Facebook account required
Online is $17 until December 31, 2020; $37 until January 15, 2021. This is a non-refundable event.