Note: There are administrative costs to maintaining your organization’s listing on our website and publications. We have implemented a nominal annual fee of $25 to include your listing, however, if you choose to sign your organization up with a MPE Business level membership your listing would be no charge AND your co-op would also be eligible to receive the G-Suite for Education for free as well!
NOTE: The MPE Board of Directors does not necessarily endorse any of the organizations or people offering these opportunities.
Homeschool Enrichment Programs & Co-Ops
- Art with Michelle Meade (Shawnee, KS). Book a private or group art lesson at your location with licensed art teacher Michelle Meade. Over 16 years of teaching experience with a certification for k-12. Fun paint parties on canvas available as well. Contact Michelle at email@example.com.
- Bethany Lutheran Homeschool Academy (Overland Park, KS)
- Bethany Lutheran School Band (Overland Park, KS)
- Brighton Academy. Contact Carrie Shore at 913-789-9381 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Ages K-12 with college dual enrollment.
- Classical Conversations desires to lead the home-centered education movement by equipping parents and students with the classical tools of learning. These “lost tools” reignite a love of learning and enable students to tackle any subject with confidence. Children ages 4-12 can participate in the Foundations program while accompanied by their parent. A trained tutor creatively introduces and leads the classroom time. In addition to the memory work, students also participate in a fine arts, have an opportunity to practice oral presentation skills, and participate in a hands-on science activities. Students, parents, and tutors develop precious relationships, and parents love the classical academic focus. Foundations generally meets from about 9 to noon one day a week. Beginning at age 9, students can enroll in the Essentials Program. A trained tutor strengthens the “essential” subjects of language structure, writing, and arithmetic while parent teachers work with their students to master the material at home the other four days each week. The Essentials Program is in addition to the Foundations Program and generally meets from 1 to 3 PM. In the Challenge program (for students 12 years old through high school graduation) teens wield the classical tools to reason, debate, create, and express themselves in a persuasive and articulate manner. They study six strands of interconnected information including literature studies and composition writing, logic, research, reasoning, and debate. The CC Plus program is a partnership with Southeastern University. Students in Challenge levels II, III, and IV can, for an added fee, earn college credit for their high school work. For more information contact Jennifer Richey at email@example.com or visit our website www.classicalconversations.com
- Clay-Platte Home Educators (KCMO) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discovery Homeschool Academy (2 locations serving Jackson and Cass counties). 20 years experience! Choose from 2 program options: Hands-on classes for the Enrichment program on Tuesdays and/or certified teachers partnering with parents for the Academic program on Mondays and Wednesdays. We make learning fun and educational, while offering lots of extras like class parties, field trips and concerts.
- E3 Academy (Overland Park, KS). Call 913.292.9997 or email email@example.com for more information. We identify the instinctive way children approach learning. We equip both parents and children with tools they can apply in the homeschool environment to better achieve success. www.e3sf.org/kolbe/
- Greenleaf Performing Arts Academy (Olathe, KS). Contact Evi at 913.397.7071 for more information.
- Legacy Christian Academy (Lenexa, KS).
- L.I.T.E (LEARNING INSPIRED THROUGH EXPLORATION) – all-inclusive enrichment based homeschool co-op located at Fort Leavenworth, KS; ages 4-18; children explore various topics through immersing themselves into them via all-encompassing lessons of every subject, hands on activities, art, experiments, social theme-based gatherings, and topic focused field trips. Contact: Irina Connell. 913.674.0447. CreativesLearning@hotmail.com. https://www.facebook.com/groups/597085213729651/
- Reed Performing Arts Company (Lee’s Summit, MO). Reed Performing Arts Company (RPAC) is an exciting dance and theatre studio in the Lee’s Summit community. Throughout the year, RPAC’s theatre program features five different KIDS/Jr. Musicals with acting, singing and dancing. They also offer a class during the week for children to explore, grow and foster their love of acting. Along with theatre RPAC offers recreational dance for kids that have a desire to dance and perform at a non-competitive level and competitive dance for those students that want to compete at a higher level. Coming Fall 2021 we are excited to offer a homeschool dance and theatre program for kids. Call 816.525.4455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- REW Homeschool Band & Orchestra / Budding Musicians (6-9yrs old) @ REW Music
- Southland Academy. Grades K-12; Tues. and/or Thurs. Providence Church. Contact Kelley Goddard at email@example.com. Website: www.thesouthlandacademy.com
- South Side Schoolhouse (Raymore, MO). Co-op with hands-on-activities with lively discussions. Contact Jody White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- South Side Striders Band (Raymore, MO). Our band is comprised of students from around the metro. We offer several band opportunities, including marching band, so there is something for everyone! Students with or without musical experience are welcome. Classes are held every Friday in Raymore, MO. Contact Jennifer Meyer at email@example.com.
- Youth Symphony KC (Kansas City, MO). Youth Symphony of Kansas City has a long history of quality music education and top-level performance in Kansas City. Youth Symphony traditionally offers four full orchestras and strings programs for over 400 youth looking for advanced musical opportunities. Auditions for students in grades 5-12 are offered in the spring. Additional information is available at youthsymphonykc.org or on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. For questions, contact Director of Operations, Russ Pieken at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athletic and Sports Programs
- Christ Prep Academy welcomes homeschoolers into their KSHSAA-approved athletic programs: Christ Prep Football (MS/HS), Boys and Girls Soccer (HS), Volleyball (MS/HS), Cross Country (MS/HS), Track and Field (MS/HS) Cheer (MS/HS), Baseball (HS), Boys and Girls Basketball (MS/HS), Golf (HS).
- E3 Sports Facility (Overland Park, KS). Come learn the exciting sport of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, Self Defense, and Anti-Bullying. Call 913.292.9997 or email email@example.com for more information. www.e3sf.org
- Kansas City East Lions – Home School Athletics program invites homeschool students to join their KSHSAA-Approved and MSHSAA affiliated athletic programs. The Lions offer [Fall] Football (JH/HS), Cross Country (Elementary – HS), Boy’s Soccer (JH/HS), Volleyball (Elementary – HS), [Winter] Boy’s & Girl’s Basketball (Elementary – HS), [Spring] Baseball (Varsity & Jr. Varsity HS), Girl’s Soccer (JH/HS), and Track & Field (Elementary – HS).
- Metro Academy Mavericks – Competitive Home School Basketball & Volleyball
- Veritas Athletics (Lawrence, KS) – Football, Basketball, Baseball, Track & Field, Volleyball, and Cheerleading
See a quick guide of things to consider when choosing homeschool enrichment programs.