In honor of GivingTuesday this year (Dec. 1), you can help homeschoolers right here in the Kansas City area!
GivingTuesday was created in 2012 and is “a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.”
As a supporter of MPE, we need your help!
How to help on Giving Tuesday
You can donate to MPE via our website, on Dec. 1 (Giving Tuesday) or any other day!
Donations help us replenish our scholarship fund, which provides MPE memberships (valued at $50 and up) to families in severe economic need.
Recently we’ve received more requests for our scholarship fund as an increasing number of KC-area homeschoolers face financial challenges.
Shawna Wright’s story (GivingTuesday)
These scholarships benefit homeschoolers like Shawna Wright, who lost her husband to cancer during her homeschool journey.
Shawna says the scholarship helped the family cope not only financially, but also in “the feeling of belonging, being wanted, being part of something supportive that was bigger than just our family.”
To those who donated to her scholarship, Shawna says,
“May God richly bless each of you for your gracious generosity to those of us who have faced trying and sometimes devastating circumstances! Your gift makes a real and lasting difference in our lives.”
Other ways to help
- Fundraise through Texas Roadhouse.
Additionally, Texas Roadhouse has been giving back to local communities with their fundraising efforts through their gift card sales. By purchasing through this link between now and Dec. 4, you can help MPE and fellow homeschoolers receive 10% of all gift card proceeds!
- Support MPE through AmazonSmile.
Did you know you can help other homeschool families through your holiday shopping? We’re registered on Amazon Smile, where Amazon donates a percentage of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice!
- Create a fundraiser.
If you’re using Facebook, it’s easy to launch your own Facebook fundraiser for MPE and invite your friends to join you!
- FamilyLife’s Weekend To Remember.
Strengthen and invest in your marriage with a two-and-a-half day romantic weekend. Save $100 off your registration with our group code: MIDWESTPARENT (make sure you sign up using our affiliate link)!
- Take advantage of our curriculum affiliate deals.
We have partnerships with the following organizations:
- Sample curriculum 3-month trial with The Old Schoolhouse. Try their online, preschool through high school full-curriculum option at a heavily discounted rate of $99/year, using this coupon code: MPEYR. (Just so you know, the normal retail price is $224.97/year, which means a huge savings to you!) We also receive 25% of all sales when purchased through us.
- Notgrass History curriculum. If you are interested in (or already use) Notgrass History, please purchase through our affiliate link to help us support fellow KC-area homeschoolers!
Thanks in advance for your support!