Our Encouragement Days are some of our most popular events, and our next one on Feb. 6 is coming up fast. You’ve got just a few days left to sign up (deadline is Jan. 22), so hurry – space is limited!
Here are three things to remember about Encouragement Days to make your experience the best:
As our event has kept growing (last year’s attendance topped 200!), we’ve made changes to our registration process to make things more efficient for everyone.
We want to bless as many moms as possible. But because of the growing interest in Encouragement Days, we are no longer able to accept late registrations or walk-ins.
Here’s why you should register before the deadline:
- It ensures you will get a seat for lunch. We need to send a final head count to the caterer well in advance of the event. If too many people show up at the last minute, we won’t be able to provide lunch for everyone.
- It helps us set up enough space if we have an accurate head count. The day before the event, our wonderful team of volunteers will transform the Lenexa Christian Center into a beautiful, welcoming space for all our attendees! Once we know the number of people to expect, we can set up the hall and dining rooms with enough seats for everyone who comes.
- It takes care of any issues with payment. MPE members get to attend our Encouragement Days for free, but if you attend as a non-member, you will need to pay $15 for attendance. By registering and paying early, we’ll have you on our list and avoid any difficulties on the actual day.
Please register by Jan. 22 to reserve your spot. (If you’re attending as a non-member, your $15 must be paid in full by Jan. 22, or you will not be registered.)
Stay updated with any last-minute changes.
It wasn’t feasible for us to reschedule since our speaker had flown in from Colorado, and supplies for our catered lunch were already on the way. Even though we delayed the event until 10:30 a.m., we experienced a substantial drop in attendance.
Since then, we’ve been a little more prepared with a weather contingency plan. We also post any additional updates on social media.
Check our Facebook event for last-minute updates in case we have another snowfall, as well as our website homepage and office phone number at 913-599-0311 (we’ll have a special voicemail message for that weekend).
Come early if you want to chat or just hang out!
One of the changes this year is to set aside time for coffee, chatting and fellowship at 8:30 a.m. before the speaker sessions start at 9:30 a.m. This was just one of the suggestions from our comment forms that we’ve decided to incorporate for this year.
Other suggestions we’ve also implemented:
- Longer lunchtime. Many of you wanted more time just to chat with your fellow moms around the dining table, so we trimmed down the speaker sessions and a few of the other activities as a result.
- Gluten-free lunch option. Back by popular demand, we’re offering gluten-free lunches again this year!
- Longer prayer time. Who doesn’t need more of this? 🙂 Our Encouragement Days now devote a greater part of the day just to worship and pray together in small groups.
- A range of homeschool graduates. One of our most popular features each year is the homeschool alumni panel where you can ask questions from people who have successfully graduated from homeschool and are now in the “real world.” Nowadays, we can choose from many backgrounds and career paths! We hope to feature single young grads, homeschool moms, self-employed grads, and alumni who have ventured out into higher education and the corporate world.
This blog post was originally published in December 2014. It has been updated for comprehensiveness and accuracy.
Haven’t yet registered? Sign up today.